This privacy notice describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit SKS Studio; or via email, text or other electronic messages between you and SKS Studio.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing your information.
- Our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only recourse is not to use our website. However, you do have the option to opt-out of some tracking (see: “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information”).
The Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your age, gender and interests; how you came to the website (e.g., search engine, third-party website, media campaign or email); and the pages and features of the website you use.
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address or telephone number (“personal information”).
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and your location.
We collect this information:
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include IP addresses and information collected through cookies, Web beacons and other tracking technologies (see: “Usage Details, IP Addresses, and Cookies and Other Technologies”).
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (see: “Information You Provide to Us”).
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us improve our website and deliver better and more personalized future services by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Analyze and develop our sales and marketing strategy, determine how visitors find our company and its website, the user’s interest regarding our services, and how to improve the SKS Studio website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.”
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count specific visitors who have visited certain pages or opened and clicked an email. The information we collect from these beacons is sent to our marketing automation and email marketing service called Mail Chimp (mailchimp.com)
The Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes, but is not limited to, information provided when you submit a request for information or to be contacted by SKS Studio; or subscribing to our blog or other email communication.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the site.
How We Use Your Information
SKS Studio and its agents use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For marketing purposes.
- To present our website and its contents to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We never sell your personal information.
Choices About How We Use & Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
This website uses Google Analytics to track website activity and visitor behavior. If you want to opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics, you may use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google Analytics also collects data about visits to the website via the DoubleClick cookie and Floodlight tags. This information is being used to provide demographic and interest data about visitors to the website and to target online display advertisements on third-party websites. Using Google’s Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
Promotional Offers from SKS Studio. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own services, you can follow the link to unsubscribe from mailing lists at the bottom of email communication; send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your request.
Accessing & Correcting Your Information
To review and change your personal information, you may email us at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website.
No portion of the SKS Studio website or services is directed toward minors (individuals below the age of 18). The Company does not solicit any information about minors, nor does it market to minors.
1925 Central St. Suite A
Kansas City, MO 64108
Phone: +1 913-544-5730
European Union Privacy Notice
Who We Are
SKS Studio is a master planning and landscape architecture firm, is the controller of your personal data that we have collected.
Personal Data is a legal term that describes any information that identifies a particular person and has special meaning under European Union law.
For purposes of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is any information that can identify you, either directly or indirectly, such as a name, an identification number, your IP address, data about your location, or information about your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
We are providing you this notice because we have collected some of your personal data from you. We collect your data for a variety of reasons, depending on whether you are an employee, a customer, an agent or a vendor.
What is the Legal Basis and Purpose for Holding Your Personal Information?
If you are a customer, an employee, or a job applicant, the personal information we hold and use is necessary for the performance of the services contract to which you are a party or to perform the services which you have otherwise requested.
If you are a prospective customer, the personal information we collect and use is necessary for our legitimate interest in providing you with information about the services we offer and about which you have expressed an interest or that we believe will be of benefit to you.
In some cases, our legal basis for collecting your personal data is because you have expressly consented to our collection and use of your personal information.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
If you are a customer, applicant for employment, vendor or agent, we will keep your personal data on an ongoing basis for so long as we have a legitimate interest to inform you of our services, or until our contractual relationship has terminated, as the case may be. We are required to retain certain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have important rights that you may exercise to protect your personal data. You may access those rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the following rights concerning your personal data that we hold and process that you can exercise at any time:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing of your data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review: if Company refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in the process below.
Please note: we will not be able to delete information that is required to maintain our business purpose or that is required to facilitate your contract with us or to perform the services you have otherwise requested from us. All the above requests will be forwarded on to other parties holding and processing your data where appropriate.
For more information about your personal data rights please visit the Information Commissioner Office for the United Kingdom’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/.
What forms of ID will I need to provide to access this?
Company accepts the following forms of ID and validation when information on your personal data is requested: You will need to send an email from the email address account associated with your personal data as stored on Company’s systems.
Under what Circumstances will Company Contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimize the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure.
For certain types of personal data, we have asked for your consent to use the data for certain described purposes at the time you provided it. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
When you give us your consent, you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purpose identified in the consent request. Where we ask you for additional personal data, we will obtain your consent to our proposed use of that data where required, and always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.comSharing with
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted by Company to perform certain services for us, or to collaborate directly with you. For a complete and up-to-date list of the third parties we are currently using, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details secure, and to use them only for the purposes and to complete the tasks identified by Company. When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Company’s procedures. If we wish to pass your personal data onto any additional third parties, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
International Transfer of Personal Data
Company may transfer your personal information within Company and/or to other third parties, such as our third-party service providers. Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected. This may include the United States. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws. In particular, we have implemented safeguards in the form of standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission. The safeguards ensure compliance with the data protection requirements of the GDPR as well as your rights appropriate to the processing of your personal data. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Safeguarding Personal Data
Please refer to the “Safeguarding Personal Information” section above for information about our data security measures.
Who Do I Contact to Lodge a Complaint About How My Personal Data Is Being Handled?
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we handle your personal data, you can contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner Office for the United Kingdom. Their Help Desk number is 0303 123 1113.
Policy Change Notification
We may change this policy from time to time.